Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baking our way to Christmas

Fiona couldn't wait for our annual bake-a-thon with Aunt Lisa this year! She was WAY into it and talked about it for weeks (ok months).  Aunt Lisa is an awesome baker (my extra spare tire is proof!) and she has more patience than I would letting the girls help.  Liam is only interested in the decorating portion.  Fiona & Lauren helped to make the cut out cookie dough and Fiona even learned to crack an egg (something I felt was too troublesome to teach her).  The highlight was getting to lick the beaters and they did a thorough job while I cringed and thought about salmonella (I survived licking the beaters as a child, but I also rode a bike without a helmet and my plastic products weren't BPA free--a miracle I survived!?!)  Fiona is also a HUGE fan of Aunt Lisa's molasses cookies.  She LOVES them and will even choose them over other cookies--the girl has an interesting palate for a 4yr old!  To encourage Fiona's love of baking and helping in the kitchen, Aunt Lisa gave her an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas (or an Easy Quick Bake as Fi calls it)!  She can't get enough of it and loves that she can do most of it herself.








No comments:

Post a Comment